Status: In Progress
Creating a welcoming skate facility
Thank you for your interest in this project. The first round of consultation is now closed and the designer is hard at work developing a draft Concept Plan, considering your feedback in the process. There will be another round of consultation on the Draft Concept Plan in October/November.
Please follow this page if you’d like to be updated on the second round of consultation then!
1: Layout design plans
Layout design plans
- Has the City already decided on the design or do you want feedback and ideas?
- Will there be a bowl?
- Can this skate park be big like McKern Skate Park in Eaglehawk?
- Where is the City proposing to build a new skate park for Kangaroo Flat?
- Why do we need another skate park?
- Why was this site chosen?
- Who owns this site?
- What other sites were investigated for a skate park?
- Why is this project taking so long to happen?
- Who is designing the skate park?
2: Design Questionnaire
Kangaroo Flat Skatepark is split into two halves - an intermediate section, and a beginner section. These are kept separate, connected by seating steps from the higher shelter area to the area below. This allows us to fit more skatepark in around the existing trees on site, which can’t be removed. It also opens up the park for new users, who can learn the ropes, park etiquette, at their own speed in a comfortable and safe environment.
The two schematic designs are simply to show what can be achieved on site - no design is locked in. We want you to tell us what you want. With that said, high level groundwater from the neighbouring Bendigo Creek means we can’t include a bowl.