The City of Greater Bendigo takes the privacy of the participants using this site very seriously. Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. You can find more information about your privacy rights at the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner.
Information is collected when visitors register to use this site. This includes email address and additional demographic information as provided on the registration form. Visitors can browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
Content created during interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here. At times feedback is displayed in an open forum, visible to other visitors to the site.
Information is collected about usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
Information is collected in order to:
- administer the site and manage accounts
- analyse and interpret it to help meet the City of Greater Bendigo’s objectives and obligations
- communicate information about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
Content you post on the site publicly, will be able to be viewed by everyone who uses the site. Each post will contain your username and any publicly available reports from consultations may include quotes from participants in forums, surveys and other consultation tools.
In order to gain a deeper understanding of the data provided to the City and improve our services to you, we may disclose the information you provide to us to AWS Comprehend which carry out analysis of the data. View the following link for AWS Comprehend’s Data Privacy statement.
We may also disclose personal information to:
- consultants of the City of Greater Bendigo who perform various services for and on behalf of the City of Greater Bendigo. These contractors have agreed to be bound by the provisions of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. Information provided to these contractors is limited to details provided by you; and
When you sign up for a user account you provide two types of information:
- Publicly available information such as your username and any comments you leave under that name in the forums or other feedback tools on Let’s Talk Greater Bendigo. Content posted on the site publicly, will be able to be viewed by everyone who uses the site. Each post will contain your username and any publicly available reports from consultations may include quotes from participants in forums, surveys and other consultation tools
- Information available to both the City of Greater Bendigo and Social Pinpoint such as:
- profile information collected when registering to use the site
- engagement information including responses to surveys, comments on discussions, questions and guestbook posts
- usage information including general site activity, document downloads, videos viewed etc
Please note that the City of Greater Bendigo is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic) legislation. The Freedom of Information Act 1982 gives individuals and corporations a general right of access to documents held by the City. This includes documents created by the City, documents held by contracted service providers and documents supplied to Council by external organisations or individuals.
Regardless of whether you are a registered user, we will retain any communications that you send to us in accordance with the Victorian Public Records Act 1973.
Data storage is managed through our data security protocols and processes.
The website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Please review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.