The City is planning an upgrade of Strathdale Community Hub in Crook Street that will transition the existing building into a more flexible multi-purpose facility that connects strongly with the surrounding parklands.
The concept plans suggest the following development features:
- Spaces that are flexible and multi-purpose to support broad use
- More natural light and improved energy efficiency
- Improved accessibility, including to technology
- Provision for a future café
- Strong connections with the surrounding park lands
Your input will help ensure the Strathdale Community Hub’s design will meet both current and future community needs.
Provide your feedback on the draft concept plan via this page by Friday October 8, 2021.
We are interested to know your thoughts on the draft concept plan:
- What do you like about the concept plans?
- Will the upgrades support your needs and the needs of the community?
- Are there ways the design could be improved?
- Do you have any concerns about the project?
Frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a community hub?
- Why does the City want to upgrade the building?
- What changes to the building are the concept plans proposing?
- Who has developed the concept plans?
- What is the history of this facility?
- Who owns the Strathdale Community Hub?
- Is the Strathdale Community Hub available to hire?
- What clubs and groups currently use the Strathdale Community Hub?
- What sort of feedback is the City seeking on the draft concept plans?