A strong, inclusive and sustainable economy
Nearly 2,000 additional people call Greater Bendigo home each year and our population is expected to reach 200,000 by 2050.
The City of Greater Bendigo’s focus is to see the development of more sustainable businesses and jobs, strengthened skills and increased education levels, and action that improves the environment and tackles climate change.
In recent community consultation, residents said they valued:
- More opportunities for young people to go to university or TAFE so they can stay in Greater Bendigo
- More job opportunities for young people and people with a disability
- Support for local artists and businesses, particularly after COVID-19
- Promote and sell a wide variety of local produce in the community
- An economy that addresses disadvantage, attracts visitors and is sustainable
- Supporting people whose income and employment was hit particularly hard by COVID-19, including women, young people and temporary visa holders
- Supporting young people whose schooling and education has been interrupted by COVID-19
These City of Greater Bendigo strategies aim to support the sustainable, economic growth of our community: