Status: In progress
The current Election Period Policy was adopted by Council on August 19, 2020, with a review period of once per Council Term.
The Election Period Policy is now due to be reviewed.
The Policy outlines how general elections and by-elections for Council are conducted. This includes:
- that the election process is ethical, fair and equitable
- that ordinary business of local government will continue during the election
- new elected Council not being inappropriately restricted by earlier decisions
- City resources not being used inappropriately
- that City materials do not contain matters that might affect voting at the election
Feedback on the draft Election Period Policy was open for 4 weeks. Consultation has now closed.
The community will be informed of the outcome of the review on this project page.